Friday, December 20, 2013

Jesse Tree: the Story of God's New Covenant with the People in Exile

During the time of exile, when the people of Israel had been captured in war and taken away to Babylon, the Lord spoke to them through the prophet Jeremiah.  Even though it was their disobedience that had led to their captivity, God grieved over the people of Israel and promised a new covenant, a new beginning:   "It won't be like the covenant that I made with Moses and Aaron and Miriam and all the Hebrew people when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.  This time I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."


Jeremiah 31:33-34

Potential ornament for the Jesse Tree: a heart

No comments:

Post a Comment